THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14 September 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation #1

" She really must exclude me from privileges intended only for contended, happy, little children."
"He bullied and punished me"
"I was reading."
"Take her away to the red room, and lock her in there."
"That you are under obligations to Mrs. Reed; she keeps you, if she were to turn you off, you would have to go to the poorhouse."
"Why could I never please?"
"and that in his last moments he had required a promise of Mrs. Reed that she would rear and maintain me as on of her own children."
"I thought Mr. Reed's spirit.."

Jane is an orphan. She is being taken care of by Mrs. Reed as a dieng wish of her husband because Jane is his sister's child. Jane is constantly being abused and taunted by the Reed children, especially John. She really enjoys reading and it is probably her only escape from the Reeds. Mrs. Reed has Jane locked up in the red room (which used to be Mr. Reed's) because her and John got in a fight. When in the room she gets very frightened because she believes she has seen the ghost of Mr. Reed and ends up fainting. Jane is very depressed and sad living there. It also upsets her that no matter what she can never please Mrs. Reed. I want to know if Jane has any other family left besides the Reeds.

No comments: