THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14 September 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation #3
" Perhaps the less said on that subject the better, Mr. Brocklehurst."
"That proves you have a wicked heart; and you must prey to god to change it"
" I am not decietiful; if i were, I should say I loved you, but I declare I do not love you. and this book about the liar, you may give to your girl, Georgiana, for it is she who tells lies, and not I."
"People think you are a good woman, but you are bad; hardhearted. You are deceitful!"
" I don't dislike you, Miss; I believe I am fonder of you that of all the others."
"...and seh told me to remember that she had always been my best friend, and to speak of her and be grateful to her accordingly."

Mr. Brocklehurst, the head master of Lowood, comes down to Gateshead Hall to kinda inteview Jane to see if he will except her into his school. While there Mrs. Reed tells a lie that Jane is a bad child and very deceitful and Mr. Brocklehurt believes her and gives Jane a book about a liar. He tells Jane that she has a wicked heart when it's Mrs. Reed who does for lieing about Jane. Jane tells Mrs. Reed to her face that she is the deceitful one and Mrs. Reed gets very upset about all the stuff Jane says about her. When i don't see why she should care when she despises Jane. It is also established that Jane truely does love Bessie. I wonder if they might meet again later on in the book. Before Jane leaves to go to Lowood, Mrs. Reed tells Jane to speak greatly about her, basically glorify her which is stupid because she was nothing but cruel to Jane.

No comments: