THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14 September 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation #12
"When he met me unexpectedly, the encounter seemed welcome; he had always a word and sometimes a smile for me; when summoned by formal invitaition to his presense, I was honoured by a cordiality of reception made me feel I really had the power to amuse him"
"these evening conferences were sought as much for his pleasure as for my benefit"
"suppose he should be absent, spring, summer, and autumn: how joyless sunshine and fine days will seem"
"Somebody has plotted something."
"I wanted to hear his voice again, yet feared to meet his eye"
"I have never heard Mr. Rochester's voice or step in the house today; but surely I shall see him by night. I feared the meeting in the morning; now I desire it."

Mr. Rochester is seeking out Jane a lot to be in her company. As they spend time together Mr. Rochester isn't the only one enjoying it, for Jane can't wait for their next encounter. Late at night mr. Rochester's room catches on fire and Jane saves him. Jane said she heard Grace Poole's laughter during the fire, so she believes she started it.

No comments: