THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14 September 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation #16
"it is a mouth which should speak much and smile often"
"Mr. Rochester stepped out of his disguise"
"I wish I were in a quiet island with only you"
"I'd give my life to serve you"
"I should have more pleasure in staying with you."
"You don't turn sick at the sight of blood?"
"She sucked the blood: she said she'd drain my heart."
"Will Grace Poole live here still, sir?"
"I like to serve you, sir, and to obey you in all that is right."
"Sit the bench is long enough for two, you don't hesitate to take a place at my side, do you? Is that wrong Jane?"

The fortune teller was actually Mr. Rochester in disguise and only Jane figured it out. Mr. Rochester cares about Jane and Jane would do anything to please. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane about hesitating to take a place at his side I think it is infering as in marriage. Before this conversation happens Mr. Mason is attacked by Grace Poole, most likely. There is something going on between Grace and Mr. Rochester and I want to know what it is.

No comments: