THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14 September 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation #4
"Breakfast was over and none had breakfasted."
"I leant against a pillar of the verandah, drew my grey mantle close about me, and, trying to forget the cold which nipped me without, and the unsatisfied hunger"
"I saw a girl sitting on a stone bench near; she had bent over a book, on the perusal of which she seemed intent"
"I think her occupation touched a chord of sympathy somewhere; for I liked reading"
"Both died before I can remember."
"to Miss. Temple? Oh no! I wish it did! she has to answer to Mr. Brocklehurst for all she does. Mr. Brocklehurst hurst buys all our food and all our clothes."
"Miss Temple is the best-isn't she?"
"The punishment seemed to me in a high degree ignominious, especially ros so great a girl"
"Miss Scatchered continued to make an object of constant notice"
"What is your name besides Burns?"
"But then it seems disgraceful to be flogged, and to be sent to stand in the middle of a room full of people"

Jane's first day at Lowood has not been what she expected. The breakfast went wrong and was ruined and they have to go outside in the unbearalby cold with thin mantle's. While out in the garden she sees a girl reading a book and goes over to talk to her because she also enjoys reading and finds solstice in it. Her name is Helen and her parents are both dead (like Jane's) and one of the teachers Miss Scatcherd always is cruel to Helen just as Mrs. Reed was to Jane. Jane has become very interested in Helen and fond of her.

No comments: