THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14 September 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation #7
"Yes to my long home-my last home."
"I am very happy, Jane; and when you hear that I am dead, you must be sure and not grieve; there is nothing to grieve about."
"God is my father; God is my friend; I love him; I believe he loves me."
Helen died in the middle of the night
The typhus fever epidemic's news spread, rich donated to school
"From the day she left I was no longer the same"
"Mrs. Reed had never sent for me to Gateshead"
"I desired liberty"
"I had my advertisement written, enclosed, and directed before the bell rang to rouse the school"
"Mrs. Fairfax, Thornfield, near Millcote-shire"
"you've not quite forgotten me, think Miss Jane?"
"Seven years ago, a Mr. Eyre came to Gateshead and wanted to see you"

Helen is on her death bed and Jane sneaks out to see her. Jane is very distraut about it and Helen tells her not to grieve when she's gone for she is happy and is going to Heaven to see God. Helen is very sure about God and that she is going to Heaven. In the middle of the night when Jane and Helen are sleeping she dies. The typhus epidemic was heard about all over and wealthy people donated money to the school to make it better and despite that Mr. Brocklehurst still was tresurer of the school. Jane became a teacher there for a while and when Miss Temple got married and left Jane became very upset and realized that she was made the school home. Jane wants to leave the school and go somewhere different so she secretly advertises herself and gets a letter back for a job as a governess. The day she is gonna leave Bessie is at the school to greet her and we find out that Jane in fact did have other family besides the Reeds.

No comments: