THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

15 September 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation #19
"You must see the carriage, Jane, and tell me if you don't think it will suit Mrs. Rochester."
"Thank you, Mr. Rochester, for your great kindness. I am stangely glad to get back again to you; and whenever you are is my home -my only home."
"He became even gay. Never had he called me more requently to his presence; never been kinder to me when there - and, alas! never had I loved him so well."
"i believe you must, Jane. I am sorry, Janet, but I believe indeed you must."
"Then you are going to be married, sir?"
"from you, sir."
"I shall never see you again, Jane, that's morally certain. I never go over to Irelan, not having myself much of a fancy for the county."
"I sometimes have a queer feeling with regard to you -especially right when you are near me"
"My bride! What bride? I have no bride"
"I tell you I must go! Do you think I can stay to become nothing to you?"
"My bride is here, because my equal is here, and my likeness, Jane, will you marry me?"

When Jane finally gets back from Gateshead Mr. Rochester's wedding is being planned. During that time Mr. Rochester has requested Jane's presence more often and is much kinder to her now that she is back. He has been leading her on just to go and tell her that he is going to send her away to Ireland because she is a threat to his wedding. During this Jane tells Mr. Rochester how she feels about him and his wedding; for him to reveal that he knew Miss Ingram was a fake and that his true match is her and she shall be his bride.

No comments: