THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14 September 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation #10
"A rill from the other world was flowing through it; it had a master; for my part, I liked it better."
"I marvelled where you had got that sort of face."
"Partly because it is his nature -and we can none of us help our nature; and, partly, he has painful thoughts, the doubt, to harass him, and make his spirit unequal."
"The present Mr. Rochester has not been very long in possession of the propert; only about nine years."
"Ah well; come forward; be seated here." "I am not fond of the prattle of children."
"I did as I was bid, though I would much rather have remained somewhat in the shade, but Mr. Rochester had such a direct way of giving orders, it seemed a matter of course to obey hbim properly."

Jane likes the place a lot more now that the master is there, things are more thriving. Mr. Rochester's attitude toward Jane is confusing because he keeps asking a bunch of questions and then dismissing her. Jane learns how Mr. Rochester got the property and that it might be the cause of his random gloomyness. I want to know why he keeps Adele around if he doesn't even like children.

No comments: