THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14 September 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation #2
" I daren't for my life be alone with that poor child tonight"
"I cry because i am miserable."
"For one thing, I have no father or mother, brothers or sisters."
"Have you any relations besides Mrs. Reed?"
"I asked Mrs. Reed once, and she said possibly I might have, low relations called Eyre."
"I should indeed like to go to school."
"My father had been a poor clergyman; that my mother had married him against the wishes of her friends."
"Caught the typhus fever"
"Since my illness, she had drawn more marked a line of seperation than ever between me and her own children"
"What would Uncle Reed say to you, if he were alive?"
"I preferred her to any one at Gateshead Hall."

Jane, while talking to Mr. Lloyd reveals that she is miserable. We learn that her parents both died of typhus and before they were married Jane's mother was disowned for marrying a poor clergyman. This probably has a lot to do with why Mrs. Reed treats Jane like scum becuase she was born of poor people. We also learn that Jane would like to go to school and it would be her escape. After Jane's episode in the red room, Mrs. Reed doesn't want her children around Jane as if they could catch some vile diesease from Jane. Out of everyone at Gateshead Hall, Jane does like Bessie and the same seems to go for Bessie. When Jane brings up Mr. Reed, Mrs. Reed gets very upset, i wonder why it would bug her so much having her husband mentioned.

No comments: