THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

05 October 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation 35
"That is a fiction--an impudent invention to vex me."
"No, Jane, you are not comfortable there, because your heart is not with me; it is with this cousin--this St. John. Oh, till this moment, I thought my little Jane was all mine! "
"Absolutely, sir. Oh, you need not be jealous! I wanted to tease you a little to make you less sad..But it you wish me to love you, could you but see how much I do love uou, you would be proud and content. All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you."

"You are no ruin, sir."
"Jane, will you marry me?"
"To be your wife is, for me, to be as happy as I can be on earth."
"Because you delight in sacrifice."
"The case being so, we have nothing in the world to wait for: we must be married instantly."
"Do you know, Jane, I have your little pearl necklace at this moment fastened round my bronze scrag under my cravat? I have worn it since the day I lost my only treasure: as a memento of her."
"I did, Jane. If any listener had heard me, he would have thought me mad."
I married him.
"she'll happen do better for him nor ony o' t' grand ladies."
I have been married ten years
He informed me then, that for some time he had fancied the obscurtiy clouding one eye was becoming less dense; and that now he was sure of it.
He anticipated his sure reward, his uncorruptable crown.

Mr. Rochester is seriously jealous and truely thinks that Jane loves her cousin and is just messing with his feelings. Until she tells him her heart belong to him and whatever. During their seperation Mr. Rochester kept Jane's pearl necklace, which truely shows how much he loves her and his devotion to her. Mr. Rochester proposes to Jane once more and this time they end up getting married and even have a boy. St. John died on his journy in India, which I believe is something he waited for.

No comments: