THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

04 October 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation 23
but he would not strike; he would only wrestle.
"Your uncle, I'm sorry to say, is now on his sickbed"
"but he implored Mr. Mason to lose no time in taking steps to prevent the false marriage."
but now, I thought.
Jane Eyre, who had been an ardent, expectant woman-almost a bride-was a cold, solitary girl agian; her life was pale, her prospects were desolate.
I must go: that I percieved well.
"One idea only still throbbed lifelike within me-a remembrance of God.
But that I must leave him decidedly, instantly, entirely, is intolerable. I cannot do it."
I forgave him all: yet not in words, not outwardly; only in my heart's core.
"At any rate, there is neither room nor claim for me, sit."
"It is cruel-she cannot help being mad."
"You are to share my solitude. Do you understand?"
"Because, if you won't, I'll try violence."
"If I lived with you as you desire, I should then be your mistress: to say otherwise is sophistical-is false."
"When I left college, I was sent out to Jamaica, to espouse a bride already courted for me."

Mr. Rochester takes Jane and the other gentlemen to see Bertha, who is locked up in the attic. When they are up there Bertha attacks Mr. Rochester but, he wont strike her back he just wrestles her until he can tie her up. Jane locks herself in her room and doesn't even cry, though she feels dead inside and empty like when she was a child. she decides she must leave because she still loves Mr. Rochester and in her tormole she remembers God and does a little prayer. When she talks to Mr. Rochester she tells him she is leaving but he can't get it through his head and keeps insisting that she is leaving with him too be his bride. Jane wont listen and he gets upset and calmly threatens to use violence on her to make her.

No comments: