THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

05 October 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation 25
"You will not come? You will not be my comforter, my rescuer? My deep love, my wild woe, my frantic prayer, are all nothing to you?"
"Mr. Rochester, I will love you and live with you through life till death."
hoping I should soon come to say I would stay with him, and be his. I longed to be his.
Not a tie holds me to human society at this moment-not a charm or hope calls me where my fellow creatures are.
I thought she loved me, outcast as I was
My rest might have been blissful enough, only a sad heart broke it.
I could not bear to return to the sordid village.

Mr. Rochester tries playing the guilt trip with Jane to make her stay. It doesn't work and late at night jane takes leave but whispers to Mr. Rochester that she loves him and will always be with him. She is now on her own and has no money, and no connections to the human society any longer she has isolated herself once more and is putting faith in nature. While she is forced to sleep out in the cold and beg for food she worries and thinks of Mr. Rochester when she is the one she should worry about. The town she is in, is full of people who look down upon those lower than them.

No comments: