THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

04 October 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation 21
"I will not be your English Celine Varens."
"You will give up your governessing slavery at once."
"any other woman would have been melted to marrow at hearing such stanzas crooned in her praise."
"I can keep you in a reasonable check now, and I don't want to be able to do it better if one expedient loses it virtue, another must be devised."
My future husband was becoming to me my whole world..
Mrs. Rochester! She did not exist: she would not be born till tomorrow, some time after eight o' clock a.m.
"Well, I cannot return to the house, I cannot sit by the fireside, while he is abroad in inclement weather; better tire my limbs than strain my heart; I will go forward and meet him."
"...and now I seem to have gathered up a stray lamb in my arms; you wandered out of the fold to seek your shepherd, did you, Jane?"

Jane and Mr. Rochester have already declared their love for each other and are going to get married. Jane still wants to keep her independence and not fully be under Mr. Rochester's power. Mr. Rochester treats her as if she were a delicate doll; his little pet. Jane tries to keep her distance from Mr. Rochester and not summit to him, yet she keeps falling more and more in love with him and is already acting like the obedient little house wife she will become.

No comments: