THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

05 October 2007

Jane Eyre

Annotation 29
"I love you, and I know you prefer me...But that heart is already laid on a sacred altar."
He could not-he would not-renounce his wild field of mission warfare for the parlours and the peace of Vale Hall.
A very different sort of mind was hers from that, for instance, of the sisters of St. John.
"Indeed! She is clever enough to be a governess in a high family, papa."
"With all his firmness and self-control, he tasks himself too far: locks every feeling and pang within-expresses, confesses, imparts nothing."
"Solitude is at least as bad for you as it is for me."
"She likes you, I am sure, and her father respects you. Moreover, she is a sweet girl-rather thoughtless; but you would have sufficient thought for both yourself and her."
"That while I love Rosamond Oliver so wildly-I experience at the same time a calm, unwarped consciousness, that she would not make me a good wife."
"You speak coolly enough; but you suffer in the conflict."
"I answer simply to have a little talk with you; I got tired of my mute books and empty rooms. Besides, since yesterday, I have experienced the excitement of a person to whom a tale has been half-told, and who is impatient to hear the sequel."

Miss Oliver is in love with St. John and he feels the same but his work wont allow him to marry. It's killing him inside. Again Him and Jane have much in common, how they refuse their feelings and keep themselves isolated; living in a type of solitude. After Jane and St. John talk he realizes that he doesn't truely think that Rosamond would make a good wife, fore she is too simple minded and vain.

No comments: